Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baby quilt gone wrong

I made this baby quilt for my sister's grandchild to be -- due next March.  The mother is having twins, a boy and a girl.  I was thrilled with how the boy quilt turned out and quickly started making the girl quilt.  I get excited when a quilt is ready to be quilted because that is one of my favorite activities -- hand quilting.  Love the feel of it, the comfort of the quilt draped over my lap and the coziness of it all.  Well, I used a fusible batting and some of the "fuse" stuff got on the front as I  ironed it down.  I thought -- well, it will probably come off once I wash it.  No such luck, as you can see.  So now I am re-thinking the project and will start over on another quilt.  This little darling quilt might go in the "what am I going to do with this now" bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment