Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Aprons, aprons, aprons

So I have an ongoing project with apron-making.  Last year, my daughter requested an apron for her birthday present.  I found a couple of patterns online -- for free!!! -- and was off and running.  When I discovered how easy and fast they are to make, I was busily sewing to my hearts/ content.  I made her two aprons - both reversible -- so she actually had four!!  When I took them to the office to show off, everyone oohed and ahhed -- adding to my very inflated ego -- and my boss was especialy enamored.  So I made her one for Christmas with her name across the bib on one side. She loved it!!! I ordered more fabric online -- here is the greatest site for fabric:  http://www.equilter.com/, and Luana Rubin does a blog along with that -- here is her email: equilter@equilter.com.  Pictured is one apron that I made with the fabric I bought on that site. It has the cutest puppy dog pattern on it and it is solid black on the opposite side.  Sorry, ladies, my co-worker already purchased it.

No comments:

Post a Comment